All plastic packaging, including soft, can now be disposed in your household’s recycling bin after it is “clean, dry, and loose.”
This is a big change as rigid plastics could not be placed in your green bin in the recent past.
It’s a result technology upgrades at Irish recycling centres.
These centres will collect any plastics not suitable for recycling and separate them. They then use the material to create Solid Recovered Fuel. It can be used as a replacement for fossil fuels at cement furnaces.
You can place what you like in the household recycling bin
- Soft plastics – All plastic packaging that includes bubble wrap, bread wrappers (breakfast cereal bags), frozen food bags (6-pack rings) and carrier bags
- Rigid Plastics – e.g. bottles, trays, yoghurt pots, biscuit trays, takeaway containers
- Pizza boxes – even though they have been used, you need to dispose of any remaining crusts and scraps in your food waste bin
- Crisp packets – these are not recyclable if stained, but can be recycled and used for solid recovered fuel.
What you shouldn’t put in the recycle bin
- Food waste – should be put in your food waste/compost container, if there is one
- Empty aerosol cans should be brought to the nearest civic amenity site. If that is not possible, you can also put them in your general waste bin.
- Battery / bulb – must be brought to a local dropoff point
- Glass – bring it to your local bottle store
- Garden waste – can go into the food waste box
- Clothes can be brought to a clothing bank, charity shop or textile recycling centre.
- Pringles tube – can be put in general refuse, but the lid should go in the recycling bin
- Reusable nappies and wipes
- Electrical items
- Kitchen cloths
- Recycled paper towels
- Matches used
All types rubbish collection services in Dublin County
Our company encourages commercial waste recycling as well as rubbish collection using their two-man pickup trucks. Offers skip hiring alternatives at competitive prices in Dublin. Small and large businesses alike can get waste removal and collection in Dublin County.
Here are some rubbish removal services available from Rubbish Taxi.
We have the expertise to clear out your office and remove all IT equipment and office waste.
Let us manage your house clearance. We collect all types of household garbage and rubbish from Dublin. You may find it difficult to transport large items like furniture or mattresses. We can often get rid of items over 8ft (2.5m), but we also can take down longer items.
If you are looking for an excellent residential waste collection service, we can help. Prices for bed and mattress disposal are very affordable in Dublin County. According to government regulations, certain items may cost more to dispose than others depending upon the method of recycling.
We offer reliable and efficient waste disposal services. We can take away rubbish from any commercial premises.
No matter the size of your Dublin construction site, our waste removal service can handle builders’ waste.
We dispose of all kinds of garden debris, including Trampolines, Tree Stumps and Trampolines, Greenhouses. Greenhouses, Greenhouses. Greenhouses. Greenhouses. Greenhouses. Sheds. Garages. Fences.